Availability: In Stock
Average Delivery Time: 9 Days
Exp. Date: June 2024
Zantac is used for the treatment of certain conditions, when the stomach emits too much acid (e.g. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome). It can also be used to treat intestinal ulcers that did not respond the other kinds of treatment. It can also be used for other purposes as determined by your doctor.
Mode of Application
Use Zantac as directed by your doctor.
- Zantac can be taken orally during or after the meal.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not chew it.
- Continue to take Zantac, even if you feel good. Do not miss any dose. Take Zantac at the same time each day.
Mechanism of Action
Zantac block H2 receptors. It works by blocking histamine in the stomach. This reduces the acidity of the stomach. Reducing stomach acid emission helps to reduce heartburn, treat esophagus and gastric or intestine ulcer.
If you miss a dose of Zantac, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missing dose and return to your normal schedule. Do not take 2 doses at a time.
If you suspect that you took too much of the medication seek for immediate medical attention. Symptoms of overdose include lack of coordination, feeling light-headed, or fainting.
Store Zantac at the temperature between 59 and 77 F (15 to 25 C). Keep away from heat, humidity and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep away from children and pets.
Do not use Zantac, if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient, Zantac;
- You have a history of porphyria (blood disease).
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of them attracted to you.
Important Safety Information
- Do not drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks until you know you react to the drug.
- Zantac may affect the results of some laboratory tests, including an examination of the urine protein. Make sure your doctors and laboratory staff know you are taking ranitidine.
- Laboratory tests, including liver function may be performed while you use Zantac. These tests can be used to monitor your condition or detect the side effects.
- Zantac should be use carefully in children younger than 1 month, safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you are pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Zantac during pregnancy. Zantac found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Zantac.
Consult a doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or gain frequency:
- Constipation, diarrhea, headache, nausea, upset stomach.
Consult a doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reaction (rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue, unusual hoarseness), mental confusion, dark urine; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat, fever, chill, sore throat, hallucinations; severe or persistent headache or stomach pain, abnormal bleeding or assault, yellow skin and eyes.
Zantac is only to be used by the patient it is prescribed for.